The Standard of Excellence Comprehensive Band Method books combine a strong performance-centered approach with music theory, music history, ear training, listening composition, improvisation, and interdisciplinary and multicultural studies. The result is the most complete band method available anywhere.
- Full color drawings and color-coding of important text and music motivate and inform.
- Three starting systems help ensure positive results in any beginning situation.
- FOR ... ONLY exercises (i.e. FOR FLUTES ONLY) offer idiomatic solutions to the unique challenges of each instrument.
- Excellerators (advanced supplemental exercises) reinforce and enrich performance basics.
- A nine page FOR OBOES ONLY starting system gives beginners a solid foundation for learning in the full band setting.
- Expanded French Horn and Percussion books, including a separate book for Timpani & Auxiliary Percussion, address the unique needs of beginners on these instruments.
- A comprehensive,totally-correlated Electric Bass book offers expanded opportunities for student involvement.
- Music from over 20 countries, with correlated enrichments, encourages multicultural study.
- Achievement Lines and GO FOR EXCELLENCE! test lines ensure objective assessment of students' accomplishments.
- A built-in reward system motivates students and encourages musical growth.
- Expanded 48 page part books (instead of the usual 32 pages) provide added reinforcement of musical skills.
- 600-plus page full Conductor Scores contain Objectives for every line of music, Director tips, extended reference articles, duplicable worksheets and quizzes, and theory, listening, composing, improvisation, geography, foreign language, history, and other interdisciplinary Activities for Excellence.
Publisher: Neil A Kjos Music Company
Catalogue Number: W21CLE
Northwest Product Number: 103-1916-11-001
Some of these titles may also be relevant to your search:
You may also be interested in the following titles:
Northwest Music does not guarantee the accuracy of online stock levels. To confirm availability of an item, please contact our store directly.
While we will do our best to ensure you receive the quantity you indicate, if the quantity ordered exceeds our current stock levels, your order may take additional time to complete. Please contact Northwest Music to confirm availability. Some items, such as choral octavos, have a set minimum purchasing quantity.
- The sound and page samples we provide on our website are courtesy our publishers, who provide the samples in different ways. Audio samples are MP3 files, and will either load in your browser or will prompt you to download and open them in an application of your choice (such as iTunes or Windows Media Player). Page samples are in either JPG or PDF format, and can open in your browser, or in Adobe Acrobat Reader.