Learn ten jazz guitar standards, arranged for solo guitar. These performance-ready arrangements demonstrate different ways to interpret jazz standards and render them for solo guitar performance. Each includes a technical introduction from the arranger, discussing his motivations and identifying some of the defining aspects of each approach, such as the use of line cliché, harmony, song form, and modality. In learning these arrangements, you will gain insight into how to craft your own solos. Arrangements include: Dedicated to You • I'm Glad There Is You • My Foolish Heart • Stella by Starlight • You Don't Know What Love Is • and more.
- Dedicated To You Sammy Cahn Saul Chaplin Hy Zaret
- Duke Ellington's Sound Of Love Charles Mingus
- I'm Glad There Is You In This World Of Ordinary People Paul Madeira Jimmy Dorsey
- In A Sentimental Mood Duke Ellington Irving Mills Manny Kurtz
- Little Girl Blue Lorenz Hart Richard Rodgers
- My Foolish Heart Ned Washington Victor Young Demensions
- My Romance Lorenz Hart Richard Rodgers
- Out Of Nowhere Edward Heyman Johnny Green Buddy De Franco
- Stella By Starlight Ned Washington Victor Young Ray Charles
- You Don't Know What Love Is Don Raye Gene Depaul Carol Bruce
Publisher: Berklee Press (Hal Leonard)
Catalogue Number: 50449653
Northwest Product Number: 124-0219-30-001
Some of these titles may also be relevant to your search:
Jazz Standards - Guitar
Jazz Standards - Guitar
You may also be interested in the following titles:
Duke Ellington - Guitar
Blues Licks - Guitar
Jazz Licks - Guitar
Northwest Music does not guarantee the accuracy of online stock levels. To confirm availability of an item, please contact our store directly.
While we will do our best to ensure you receive the quantity you indicate, if the quantity ordered exceeds our current stock levels, your order may take additional time to complete. Please contact Northwest Music to confirm availability. Some items, such as choral octavos, have a set minimum purchasing quantity.
- The sound and page samples we provide on our website are courtesy our publishers, who provide the samples in different ways. Audio samples are MP3 files, and will either load in your browser or will prompt you to download and open them in an application of your choice (such as iTunes or Windows Media Player). Page samples are in either JPG or PDF format, and can open in your browser, or in Adobe Acrobat Reader.