A salute to the music and memories of WWII, including a year-by-year chronology of events on the homefront, dozens of photos, and 51 radio favorites of the GIs and their families back home, including: Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy • Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (With Anyone Else but Me) • I Don't Want to Walk Without You • I'll Be Seeing You • Moonlight in Vermont • There's a Star-Spangled Banner Waving Somewhere • You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To • and more.
- A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square Eric Maschwitz Manning Sherwin Manhattan Transfer
- A String Of Pearls Eddie De Lange Jerry Gray
- Ac-Cent-Tchu-At The Positive Johnny Mercer Harold Arlen
- Be Careful It's My Heart Irving Berlin
- Beat Me Daddy Eight To The Bar Don Raye Hughie Prince Eleanor Sheehy Commander Cody Andrews Sisters
- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy Don Raye Hughie Prince Bette Midler Andrews Sisters
- Dearly Beloved Johnny Mercer Jerome Kern
- Deep In The Heart Of Texas June Hershey Don Swander Alvino Rey His Orchestra Bing Crosby
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me Duke Ellington Bob Russell
- Dolores Frank Loesser Louis Alter
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore Duke Ellington Bob Russell
- Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree With Anyone Else But Me Lew Brown Charlie Tobias Sam H. Stept
- Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye Cole Porter Stan Kenton
- I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire Eddie Seiler Sol Marcus Bennie Benjamin Durham
- I Don't Want To Walk Without You Frank Loesser Jule Styne
- I'll Be Home For Christmas Kim Gannon Walter Kent Joe Nichols Josh Groban Sara Evans Brian Mcknight Rascal Flatts Glee Cast
- I'll Be Seeing You Irving Kahal Sammy Fain
- I'll Get By As Long I Have You Roy Turk Fred E. Ahlert
- I'll Never Smile Again Ruth Lowe Tommy Dorsey His Orchestra
- I'll Remember April Don Raye Gene De Paul Pat Johnston Woody Herman His Orchestra
- I'm Beginning To See The Light Don George Johnny Hodges Duke Ellington Harry James
- In The Blue Of Evening Tom Adair D'artega
- Is You Is Or Ain't Ma' Baby Billy Austin Louis Jordan And His Tympany Five
- It Could Happen To You Johnny Burke James Van Heusen June Christy
- It's Been A Long Time Sammy Cahn Jule Styne
- Juke Box Saturday Night Al Stillman Paul Mcgrane
- Kiss The Boys Goodbye Frank Loesser Victor Schertzinger
- Long Ago And Far Away Ira Gershwin Jerome Kern
- Love Letters Edward Heyman Victor Young Ketty Lester Elton John Bonnie Raitt Rob Schneiderman Elvis Presley
- Mairzy Doats Milton Drake Al Hoffman Jerry Livingston Merry Macs
- Moonlight Becomes You Johnny Burke Jimmy Van Heusen
- Moonlight In Vermont John Blackburn Karl Suessdorf
- One For My Baby And One More The Road Johnny Mercer Harold Arlen Frank Sinatra
- Pistol Packin' Mama Al Dexter
- Praise The Lord And Pass Ammunition! Frank Loesser
- Saturday Night Is The Loneliest Of Week Sammy Cahn Jule Styne
- Seems Like Old Times John Jacob Loeb Carmen Lombardo
- Sentimental Journey Bud Green Les Brown Ben Homer
- Somebody Else Is Taking My Place Dick Howard Bob Ellsworth Russ Morgan Peggy Lee
- Tangerine Johnny Mercer Victor Schertzinger Jimmy Dorsey His Orchestra
- That Old Black Magic Johnny Mercer Harold Arlen
- The Fleet's In Johnny Mercer Victor Schertzinger
- The Last Time I Saw Paris Oscar Hammerstein Ii Jerome Kern
- The Nearness Of You Ned Washington Hoagy Carmichael George Shearing
- There'll Be A Hot Time In The Town Of Berlin Joe Bushkin John Devries
- There'll Be Bluebirds Over The White Cliffs Of Dover Nat Burton Walter Kent
- There's A Star Spangled Banner Waving Somewhere Paul Roberts Shelby Darnell Elton Britt
- This Is My Country Don Raye Al Jacobs
- What Do You In The Infantry Frank Loesser
- When The Lights Go On Again All Over World Eddie Seiler Sol Marcus Bennie Benjamin
- You'd Be So Nice To Come Home Cole Porter
Publisher: Hal Leonard
Catalogue Number: 00311698
Northwest Product Number: 215-0900-00-001
Some of these titles may also be relevant to your search:
You may also be interested in the following titles:
Newsies - Misc.
Wavin' Flag - Misc.
30 Spirituals - Misc.
Rent - Misc.
Rise Up Singing - Misc.
Hercules - Misc.
Benedictus - Misc.
Northwest Music does not guarantee the accuracy of online stock levels. To confirm availability of an item, please contact our store directly.
While we will do our best to ensure you receive the quantity you indicate, if the quantity ordered exceeds our current stock levels, your order may take additional time to complete. Please contact Northwest Music to confirm availability. Some items, such as choral octavos, have a set minimum purchasing quantity.
- The sound and page samples we provide on our website are courtesy our publishers, who provide the samples in different ways. Audio samples are MP3 files, and will either load in your browser or will prompt you to download and open them in an application of your choice (such as iTunes or Windows Media Player). Page samples are in either JPG or PDF format, and can open in your browser, or in Adobe Acrobat Reader.